27 January 2017

IT'S PRESIDENT TRUMP - TO ME AND TO YOU

IT'S PRESIDENT TRUMP - TO ME AND TO YOU
by Andy Weddington
Friday, 27 January 2017


Adults are obsolete children. Dr. Seuss


Commentary following the election of Barack Obama was supportive albeit guardedly optimistic. 

Archives posted left, check for yourself.

Despite not thrilled, I chilled and wanted him to succeed. 

When did he lose me and many thee?

Early - when, in a public speech, he referred to Americans who disagreed with him as the "enemy," and must be "punished."

Done!

He revealed he was not one of you and me. His animus towards Americans only escalated. 

I did not march in protest. 

Nor did I break windows, torch cars and property, and attack innocent people.

Instead I wrote. And wrote. Direct and pointed at times but ever civil.

That was not criminal behavior. My pen my weapon and like my gun(s) Constitutionally afforded. 

Did it matter? 

If but to me, yes.  

What has President Trump's reaction been to those who just do not agree but - with anger and hatred contrary to their "tolerance" positions - are attacking him? 

A shoulder shrug. And comment along the lines of, 'That's okay, I am still their President and will do my best for our country.' 

Since the election, I've observed; listened to acquaintances, friends, and strangers; painted - a lot; and thought still more about the goings on.

Assumed reasonably intelligent people have proved they are not.

The noise from some so bewilderingly stupid and hypocritical, silence the only response.

Yet how terrific we live in a country that welcomes anyone to publicly - provided civility maintained - make a complete fool and ass of themselves and not be charged with a crime. 

But as to those whose asinine foolishness threatens our President or interrupts the good order, welfare, and safety of the public then immediate and harsh consequences a must. 

Enough nonsense.

Misbehaving children get second chances. Not so adults. 

It's President Trump - to me and to you ...

"And to all of who's who in our wonderful zoo!," might have added Dr. Seuss. 


No comments: