25 October 2015

BUCKET LIST

BUCKET LIST 
by Andy Weddington
Sunday, 25 October 2015




"The way you are living will have been your life." Author Unknown




The Urban Dictionary's top definition for 'bucket list' is that which one wants to do before death. The term derived from 'kicked the bucket.' 

Every once in a while (and just the other day) someone asks about my bucket list. 

To date a secret kept because there is no list - at least not in the sense of what most people consider a 'bucket list.'  

But it seemed to me this morning over coffee, that for all the heavy writing about politics and deceit and such things distasteful of beings human of late, some levity due. 

So, yes, there's a bucket list. 

My daily way...

B - bold
U - unselfish
C - courageous
K - kind
E - enthusiastic
T - truthful

L - learn
I - imagine
S - smile
T - thank

For me, lists - from achievements to adventures, from things to trek; humble to haughty - in pails pale.

Ten acts - sometimes small, sometimes not - to do.  

Wealth not required. 

But riches abound. 

Is not that what life's all about - to enrich, to be rich?

So it seems. 

Live so. 

Then, kick the bucket. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely! But I think I'll work my two lists in parallel.

Dottie Jean said...

Nice.