09 October 2026

KILLING A KILLER

KILLING A KILLER

By Andy Weddington

Friday, 09 October 2026

 

Whoso sheddeth man’s blood, by man shall his blood be shed.  – John Locke

 

Suzy died in her home. She was killed. Murdered.

Suzy, 73, was short and petite. She was defenseless. 

The killer slit her throat.

Suzy lived alone. A day or so passed before neighbors sensed wrong and called the police.

A police detective, McEnroe, ironically a Marine, notified family.  

Within a week a suspect was in custody.

The big, strapping teenage high school boy soon charged. 

Due process was long and painful. But overwhelming evidence, some gruesome, led the jury to unanimous conviction. There was no doubt. None.

Suzy died at the hands of a barbarian fourteen years ago next month. 

He is free after about 12 years in prison. 

Yesterday, Secretary of War Pete Hegseth announced the 03 December execution of former Army major Nidal Hasan will be live streamed. Fort Hood, where Hasan carried out the surprise attack, and 1300, hour of attack, is site and hour an Army firing squad will carry out Hasan’s sentence.   

Since the announcement, social media has erupted with charges of barbarism by a civilized society. 

Well, justice, though at times sobering, and civility is not mutually exclusive. There’s compelling argument of interdependence serving the greater good to preserve civilized society. 

Two questions for objectors: 

1.    Did you have immediate family murdered at Fort Hood?

2.    Have you ever had immediate family murdered?

I plan to watch the execution (that for no doubt as to guilt should have been carried out the day of his barbaric crime). 

Suzy was immediate family; my step mother-in-law. I will at least keep her name alive. 

2 comments:

Rob Barrow said...

Same same! I just wish it was a pay-per-view event and all proceeds given to the families of the murdered.

Jim said...

Good one Rob, I concur fully. Bet it would be the numero uno watched. I will watch as well Shoot the bastard, wish I could be on the firing squad!