28 March 2024

UPDATING THE THREE GREAT LIES

UPDATING THE THREE GREAT LIES

By Andy Weddington

Thursday, 28 March 2024


If you want to know about governments, all you need to know is two words: Governments lie.  - J. F. Stone


To best of memory, last time the three great lies came my way they were ...

1. My, what an adorable baby!

2. It's only a cold sore.

3. Of course, I'll call you tomorrow.

They're timeless. 

Still relevant. 

And practiced today; worldwide.

But these humorless, angering times in America call for update. 

As such ...

1. Hunter's laptop? Russian disinformation.

2. The covid vaccine is safe and effective, and you won't get covid.

3. Destruction of the Francis Scott Key bridge was not a terrorist attack.

None of the ongoing nonsense, government lies, aligns with the ethics, morals, principles, standards, and values upon which I was raised.

And the Constitution, to which I swore oath 45 years ago, is in play.

The first amendment, of the Bill of Rights, grants me the right to speak freely - I don't have to be quiet. 

And the second amendment, of the Bill of Rights, grants me means to carry out the first amendment. 

I will not lie. Nor tolerate those who do.

And will remain armed. 

Do not get me started on cowards. 

Post Script: If having not read the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Federalist Papers - in a while or ever - immediately is a good time to start. 




No comments: