14 July 2018

FOR REPRESENTATIVE STEVE COHEN - A SIX-WORD SHORT STORY; NON-FICTION


FOR REPRESENTATIVE STEVE COHEN - A SIX-WORD SHORT STORY; NON-FICTION
By Andy Weddington
Saturday, 14 July 2018




"Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me! Henry Pierson Crowe



During Thursday's House Judiciary and Oversight Committees hearing, to question FBI Agent Peter Strzok, Mr. Cohen - Democrat, Tennessee, who represents the 9th District - stated Mr. Strzok deserved a Purple Heart.

His declaration stunning!  

Veterans angered!  

Count me amongst them. 

A few years ago I painted a representation of the Purple Heart and penned complementary prose for entry in a six-word short story competition.  

For you, Mr. Cohen ...




"They fought. Some lived. Some not."



In closing, six words ...

I've nothing more for you, sir. 


Post Script. The submission did not win, place, nor show in the competition. I'd not change a thing. 

No comments: