09 October 2015

DOCTOR CARSON - A MAN OF ACTION AND TRUTH

DOCTOR CARSON - A MAN OF ACTION AND TRUTH
by Andy Weddington
Friday, 09 October 2015



"Evil requires the sanction of the victim." Ayn Rand 



As to the recent shooting on the Oregon campus, Doctor Carson said...

"I would not just stand there and let him shoot me ... I would say: 'Hey, guys, everybody attack him! He may shoot me, but he can't get us all.'" 

That's courage under fire. 

That's leadership! 

In other words, a flash mob - that saves lives. 

Doctor Carson's approach is one of thinking, of logic, of having an action plan when the shock and stress of a situation clouds thinking. Be prepared! 

To this day, thanks to rigorous and repetitive Marine training, when in public I take note of every stranger in the vicinity of me. Why are they near me? What are they doing? What am I going to do if they turn hostile? And it matters not if in a shopping mall, airport, convenience store, or riding public transportation. Bottom line: I have an action plan that minimizes chance of being a victim. And that plan includes grabbing whatever is within arm's reach to use as a weapon of opportunity and attack!

Such an on-guard mindset gives me peace and helps to more enjoy what I am doing without getting caught up in the moment losing situational awareness. 

Some media is trying to discredit and destroy Doctor Carson. Why? Because he has a brain, he thinks. And he is calm - even when under attack. He is a threat - but of the good kind desperately needed for our floundering country. 

Doctor Carson's opponents and critics say he is unqualified citing lack of political and governing experience. 

Well, a couple of weeks ago a friend recommended a book: The Presidents Club - Inside the World's Most Exclusive Fraternity authored by Nancy Gibbs and Michael Duffy. 

I am reading that superb book. Already a take away: No matter how much "experience," no one is truly qualified to be president. 

Does experience matter? That depends on the experience. But "political" experience proper, in and of itself, is not a qualifier for high office. 

Does having a brain and ability to think and remain calm matter? All day long - for anything and especially the presidency. 

And, by the way, Doctor Carson does have a wealth of leadership experience(s) outside medicine. Look him up. 

In closing, that "mob" action proposed by Doctor Carson is right. But it should not just be an attack. The intended targets, now aggressors, should beat the son of a bitch to a pulp then shoot him (her) with their own gun until dead; because they are evil. 

Doctor Carson for president?

So far he's the only candidate who has repeatedly demonstrated the character, intellect, common sense, and temperament for the job.  

I'd follow him anywhere. 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

The "truth" thing would be a very welcome change of pace for one serving public office. Well penned, colonel.

Ruptered Duck said...

Over the years, I have had the opportunity to respond to miscreants who felt that I was their next meal. It is amazing how quickly they change their minds when they realize that I am prepared to deliver swift, violent, and painful retribution.

I can only believe that our current Grand Poohba would just draw another line.

Most folks just don't understand.