25 August 2012

INAUGURATION DAY - WITH A TWIST; OF ARMS

INAUGURATION DAY - WITH A TWIST; OF ARMS
by Andy Weddington
Saturday, 25 August 2012


"My patriotic heart beats red, white, and blue." Author Unknown


First, background...

The Oath of Office of the President of the United States:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."


That is,

I do solemnly swear that - I absolutely understand the seriousness of what I am committing to

I will faithfully execute - I vow to carry out my duties as so sworn

the office of the President of the United States - America's high office

and will to the best of my ability - whatever it takes, I am dedicated to committing my best effort

preserve - to keep safe; to keep from decaying; to guard, to protect; maintain

protect - to shield from injury; guard

and defend - to repel danger or attack from; to maintain against opposition

the Constitution of the United States - the supreme law of the United States of America


And, Oath of Office of Cabinet members, every member of Congress, and every member of the United States Armed Forces:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."


That is,

I do solemnly swear that - I absolutely understand the seriousness of what I am committing to

I will support and defend - back and repel danger or attack from; to maintain against opposition

the Constitution of the United States - the supreme law of the United States of America

against all enemies, foreign and domestic - foes abroad and at home

that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same - assured loyalty to what I am saying

that I take this obligation freely - I enter into this oath voluntarily under no duress

without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion - I know what I am doing and will not shirk my duties

and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties - I promise to carry out my duties per this oath

of the office on which I am about to enter - I accept full responsibility

so help me God - sworn to the highest power

 
So stand the oaths and, as if necessary, the essence of their meaning.

Now...

On Inauguration Day eve - instruct Vice President-elect to ensure the Senate Sergeant at Arms is seated in close proximity to await instructions after the oath is administered. 

On Inauguration Day - rest left hand on family bible, raise right hand, and repeat, as administered by the Chief Justice, the 35 words of the Oath of Office of the President of the United States.

After the oath - turn to the Senate Sergeant at Arms and, in strict compliance with that sworn oath, give first order as the new President of the United States of America...

"Sergeant at Arms, arrest and detain my predecessor. Charges: Fraud; Violation of the Oath of Office of the President of the United States; and Treason.

And, arrest and detain the Attorney General. Charges: Violation of the Oath of Office; Obstruction of Justice; Conspiracy; and Treason." 

And then to all others smile and cheerfully say, "It's time to celebrate, America! Please join me for the parade."  

Post Script

Sooner or later justice prevails.

'2016 - Obama's America' - Will Not Be
http://acoloneloftruth.blogspot.com/2012/08/2016-obamas-america-will-not-be.html



 





1 comment:

Bruce said...

Your lips to God's ears, Colonel. Make it so!