05 August 2016

LOOK MAC, (THE) DONALD JUST NEEDS TO SING

LOOK MAC, (THE) DONALD JUST NEEDS TO SING 
by Andy Weddington
Friday, 05 August 2016




Brevity is the soul of wit. William Shakespeare



Donald Trump - a bold, brash, loud, plain-speaking showman - has a knack for capturing the public's attention. 

Now, to win the presidency, he needs to hold that attention. And grow it. 

Rule #1: Keep it simple.

What is simpler than a kid's song that everyone knows?

E - I - E - I - O sound familiar?

That catchy bit of vowels from 'Old MacDonald Had A Farm' has relevancy this election. 

Each letter captures today's angering reality and for which Mr. Trump's opponent, Hillary Clinton, has no answers.

E - Economy

I - Immigration

E - Economy

I - ISIS

O - Obama

So, Mac, if you're advising, coach the campaign song ...

Old Barack made a mess

E - I - E - I - O

Brief. Soulful. Witty. 

Sing it, Mr. Trump, sing it!

Otherwise, you buy the farm. 

Post Script

The idea for today's commentary came to me while counting sheep. 




No comments: