19 February 2016

U. S. MARINE ATTACKED IN WASHINGTON, D.C.

U. S. MARINE ATTACKED IN WASHINGTON, D.C.
by Andy Weddington
Friday, 19 February 2016




Mess with one Marine you mess with them all. Unknown



A week ago today a U. S. Marine was attacked! 

Actually he, a combat veteran, was ambushed.

Christopher Marquez, a sergeant when he left active duty, was, while eating and minding his own business, harassed, assaulted, battered into unconsciousness, and robbed attempting to peacefully leave a McDonald's in Washington, D.C. 

The attackers, still at-large, were black and vocalists of the Black Lives Matter movement. 

They rudely confronted Mr. Marquez and badgered him with query as to whether black lives mattered to him. And, without basis, called him racist. Then attacked! 

I do not know Mr. Marquez. What I do know about him is he volunteered to serve his country and earned the title Marine and right and privilege to wear our eagle, globe, and anchor. I know he endured tough training. I know he led Marines. I know amongst other firefights (awarded Bronze star with combat "V" for heroism) he fought in the battle of Fallujah (November, 2004). I know he was captured, in what is becoming an iconic photo of that Fallujah battle, helping his wounded first sergeant out of a house after a fierce firefight. 

Frankly, I do not need to know any more about him to know what kind of man and citizen he is - he has proven himself. So in this fight I'm on his side because if you mess with one Marine you mess with them all. 

In my heart I want a reinforced Marine rifle company to hunt down the feral dogs that attacked Mr. Marquez and kill them. 

No mercy. 

Extreme?

No, I don't think so.

My rational brain tempers my angry, vengeful heart. Thus, I want them found; arrested; charged; confined; tried; and if guilty punished and harshly. 

And I want their case publicized far and wide to send the message this nonsense will not be tolerated by anyone for any reason nor for any movement. Period.

Lives, white, black, brown, red, yellow, and (Marine) green, matter. 

That is, lives that carry on with civility and purpose and contribute to the good order and advancement of society matter. Others carrying on to the contrary bring upon themselves whatever the consequences and justice. 

Do the black lives involved in the attack of Mr. Marques matter?

Your call. 

Semper Fidelis, Sergeant Marquez. 

Post Script

If having information about the attack and suspects, contact the Washington, D.C. police at 202.727.9099 or text the department Text Tip Line 50411. Do your duty. 


1 comment:

Rob said...

These thugs best pray the police find them before the brother Marines of us all do. RHB USMC